Parents: Code of Conduct
All students, parents, teachers, and staff of AMS have the right to safety and security. Nonetheless, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment, all parties must abide by the laws of the land as well as the school’s policies and regulations.
In accordance to the AMS Code of Conduct, all students, parents, teachers, and staff of AMS are expected to engage in non-disruptive behaviour in order to maintain the warm, friendly, and respectful environment that is critical to the success and growth of our students. All members of the school community are to be treated with respect and dignity. Parents, guardians, volunteers, teachers, and other staff members (whether on AMS property or at school authorized events/activities) are required to adhere to the AMS Code of Conduct. Failure to comply with the AMS Code of Conduct will result in expulsion from AMS.
At AMS we have a strict policy on bullying for the Casa and Elementary students. As such, all Elementary students are expected to participate in our annual seminar on bullying. The Casa students are routinely instructed on appropriate behaviour and the Code of Conduct is reviewed frequently with them.
Our Code of Conduct is based on the following fundamental beliefs:
- The education of a child is the shared responsibility of parents, teachers and the child
- Children learn best in a positive, safe and inviting atmosphere
- Parents and staff share in the task of encouraging the development of academic skills, social and emotional growth, and positive creativity in our students
- Members of the school community have a responsibility to maintain an environment where conflict and difference can be addressed in a manner characterized by respect and civility
- There is no place at AMS for insults, disrespect and other hurtful comments or acts which disrupt our warm, friendly, safe environment
- Excellence in education is our goal and we have high expectations for every student, and,
- Strong communication between home and school is essential.